This opportunity is based in Geneva
SOC Analyst L2 - German speaker
In this role
- Monitor and analyze security events and alerts from multiple sources, including security information and event management (SIEM) software, network and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, and system logs (Windows and Unix), and databases
- Separate true threats from false positives using network and log analysis and escalate possible intrusions and attacks
- Initiate tickets, document, and escalate to higher-level security analysts
- Serve as the technical escalation point and mentor for lower-level analysts
- Regularly communicate with customer IT teams to inform them of issues, help them remediate, and ensure that they continue to operate business as usual
- Perform triage of incoming issues (assess the priority, determine risk).
- Work with customers to deploy hardware and software monitoring systems
- Maintain a strong awareness of the current threat landscape.
What we offer
- Get the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a broad range of exciting projects, products, customers and technologies
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and international sites team
- Attractive prospects for career path & Personal development through training and coaching
- A flat hierarchy and a culture of collaboration across all disciplines
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Attractive pension fund with 3 types of employees’ contributions & Private ward and worldwide coverage with Zurich insurance
- 1/2 SBB fare abonnement
- Mobile and home discount program
About your profile
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other IT-related field
- 2-4 years of hands-on SOC/TOC/NOC experience
- Able and willing to work in a 24/7/365 environment, including nights and weekends, on a rotating shift schedule
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience in network/host vulnerability analysis, intrusion analysis, digital forensics, penetration testing, or related areas
- Knowledge of and experience with intrusion detection/prevention systems and SIEM software
- Strong knowledge and understanding of network protocols and devices.
- Strong experience with Mac OS, Windows, and Unix systems.
- Ability to analyze event logs and recognize signs of cyber intrusions/attacks
- Ability to handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand requirements for and feedback on security services
- Fluent in German and English
If you are INTERESTED in applying for this position, please send us your complete application (CV, cover letter, letter of reference, diplomas and certificates).